Charcot Foot Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treatment 6 months of trying

Go down

Treatment 6 months of trying Empty Treatment 6 months of trying

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

So Now the first part of the battle was over. After all this time I found someone who knew what was wrong with my foot. So now it was time for treatment. I learned that they measured how your foot was doing by the difference in temperature between the good foot and the bad. To start there was a 12 degree difference. Not a good thing so my right foot from the knee down was put into what is called a total contact cast. For the next few months they would cut it off every 2 weeks and take the temps. But the cast was causing heal pain so we switched to a cam walker which is a soft sided boot with steel rods up the side and six velcro straps. A little more comfortable but the temp difference was stuck at 10 degrees. Next came a crow walker which is a custom fitted boot that only had 2 velcro straps. By far the most comfortable. Even though my right leg looked like part of Darth Vader. But after 6 months the temp difference was still 10 degrees so I was given a choice of continuing this way; still having a pain issue and taking a chance that my foot would collapse or having surgery done. I picked the surgery which the next installment will be about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://charcot.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down