Charcot Foot Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Months and some strange Ideas

Go down

3 Months and some strange Ideas Empty 3 Months and some strange Ideas

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm

So my story started strangely. I woke up one morning and had swelling in my right leg from the knee down. Luckily I had a doctors appointment that day. I was send for a ultrasound that day and made an appointment for an MRI. The ultrasound showed no clots and the tech told me the swelling was probably cause by my socks were too tight so I should get diabetic socks. So after buying several pairs of over priced socks that wouldn't stay up, the MRI which showed nothing. 3 months later after 4 er visits 2 stays in the hospital the exact diagnoses was "Cat Scratch Fever or something stupid like that" After they told me that they also said to let it run it's course. 2 days later I went to a new hospital about 30 miles away since now I was having bad pains in the arch of my foot. They sent for the report from the other hospital. It was 47 pages long. After the ER doctors stopped laughing about the diagnosis, they said they would admit me and make plans to do a bone scan over the weekend. By Noon Monday I knew I had Charcot foot, I was put in a compression stocking and had the bottom of the bed raised to get the swelling down.

For the next 6 months we tried various methods to get my foot to heal which I will go into more detail about soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://charcot.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down