Charcot Foot Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it's 4a.m.

2 posters

Go down

it's 4a.m. Empty it's 4a.m.

Post  my_left_foot Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Sad It's 4am. I've been awake since 1.35am. after only about 2 hours sleep. I can't stand this. Maybe I should try and get some sleeping tablets. I think my feet are doing it to me. They are keeping me awake. If they could go to sleep so could I.
my_left_foot
my_left_foot

Back to top Go down

it's 4a.m. Empty Feel your pain

Post  leFleur Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:40 pm

What are you taking for your neuropathy? Are you sure you don't have pain from Charcot?

I can't tell you how many hours of sleep I lost to neuropathy. I used to just use Neurontin and tylenol pm, but as it got worse I had to have meds throughout the day. If I could keep the pain under control earlier in the day, it let me rest at night.

Then neuropathy started interrupting my sleep cycle. I have been on Ambien along with Ultram and Gabapentin for the last 6 years. That much med is drastic Shocked , but all the conditions I deal with daily are so much worse without adequate sleep.

In the last six months I have had to start using hydrocodone for the pain from Charcot. I fought it as long as I could. It is the ultimate irony to me to have lack of sensation from Neuropathy combined with excruciating pain from PN and Charcot...

I know a lot of people want to live without meds as long as they can, I used to be one of them. I just got to the point where my quality of life was decreased by MY stubborness.

Everyone has to make their own decisions about pain management. I lost my need to judge other people's decisions when chronic pain became a monster in my life.

Melanie I wish I could help...I wish you well.

Take care
Carrie

leFleur

Back to top Go down

it's 4a.m. Empty Pain

Post  my_left_foot Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:24 am

Hi Carrie

Nice to see you in this forum. Well actually I don't have any pain with my Charcot's. Sometimes when I stand on my non-Charcot's (right) foot too long I get a dull pain in the ankle joint. I have had PN for about 8 - 10 years now and I used to have pains and stinging and burning in both feet years ago, but for about 2 years now I have pins and needles and also the feeling of tightening of the tendons in both feet from the big toe along the arch, and from the big toe to the ankle (on top). I would not describe it as pain, just constant pins and needles. I don't understand why I don't have pain in my Charcot's foot. It looks painful (big mass of smashed up bones sitting on top of ankle bone area - but no feeling). That is where I am lucky with my PN I think. I say to my Ortho's if you operate you don't charge me for an anesthetist, I won't be needing one - my PN is my anesthetic.

Melanie Shocked
my_left_foot
my_left_foot

Back to top Go down

it's 4a.m. Empty Re: it's 4a.m.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum